Tuesday, September 11, 2007

TevSpace - Parallels vs. VMware Fusion

TevSpace - Parallels vs. VMware Fusion: "I've been using Parallels on my MacBook to run a virtual machine with Windows XP on it. Mostly for my Sony eBook reader software and Family Tree Maker (Mac is lacking when it comes to genealogy software). I was reading some reviews of VMware's new entry to the market, Fusion. Fusion has two big advantages over Parallels: 1) it is written in Cocoa, so is completely native and fast. 2) it can use a BootCamp partition as its 'virtual' drive. So after reading about 10 reviews, all of which said essentially 'after trying Fusion, I stopped using Parallels', I decided to take the plunge and switch my MacBook over."

But it is new and untried and above all avoid bootcamp (in perpetual bata unsupported by Apple)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home