Wednesday, November 08, 2006

genealogy today

my email today started with an enquiry from Genes Reunited


Hi Hugh, Can you tell me if your John Hughes married a lady named Margaret Rose, surname unknown, Regards Julie



aboutHas No Children John Gladstone Hughes b: ABT 1888 in Pontypool, Monmouthshire, Wales

which got me searching
England and Wales BMD Index: 1837-2004
tried FreeBmd and found John G Hughes a strong candidate

click to enlarge note the lower window is WinXp sp2 on Mac OS 10.4.8 finder desktop
View Record John G Hughes 1913 Jan-Feb-Mar Williams Bedwelty Monmouthshire
and View Image which is on the upper screen

here I changed the default colour of Family Tree Maker 16 back to the old style
above is the census image from ancstry.co.uk from 1901 at 150%

below to the left his family page made by me on WorldConnect.rootsweb.com
viewd in Firefox with the blue look up result omthe Mac OS



I made FTM 16 fill the whole upper screen
and now FireFox is looking at an ftp file structure afterI logged on to:-

Index of ftp://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/genealogy_html




ss


the same in a more normal view
AOL 9 above on WinXP sp2 on Parallels
photographs and walks beta blog to the left and to the right the MAc OS desktop


and now I am using Bluetooth to get these images from the Sony Ericsson video phone onto teh MacBook Pro lpatop




lastly I check the images in Viewer before deleting them from the phone's memory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home